With the most recent bad weather, an email was sent to make sure everyone was aware of cancellations/delays. In the future, emails will not be sent when there are cancellations/delays due to weather. Please read the following excerpt from our policy manual to understand how weather cancellations affect our Co-op day. When bad weather happens, stay connected to the FCPS system so that you are kept up-to-date with the latest information.
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY
If Fairfax County Schools are closed (due to road conditions):
• All Co-op classes are cancelled. Teachers may contact their students with any assignments to complete for the following week or with further assignment instructions.
If Fairfax County Schools are opening one or two hours late:
• On Thursdays, Co-op starts at 10:10 AM (period 2). All first period classes are cancelled (9:00 to 10:00 AM). Teachers may contact their students with any assignments to complete for the following week.
• On Tuesdays, the 8:30 classes will be cancelled. The 9:35 classes will begin at 10:00 and will run for only one hour. The 11:05 classes will be held at their regular time (and regular duration).
• If Co-op has a delayed start, but your family finds the roads in your area too dangerous to make it in, please stay at home.
• In the event of inclement weather on a day that FCPS is closed for voting or a teacher workday (and therefore will not be making a cancellation call), we will post any closings or delays on the blog (if time permits) or through email. You can find FCPS’s weather cancellation and delay notices on FCPS’s Emergency Announcement website (http://www.fcps.edu/news/emerg.htm).