During our Kingdom Citizens series, we will be providing you questions each week for reflection and study for the coming week’s sermon text. Please use these to help prepare your heart to receive God’s Word this Sunday. The sermon title this week is “We Are Sojourners” from 1 Peter 2:11-12.
- What is the context of 1 Peter? Who is he writing to? What has he said about followers of Jesus so far in the book?
- What stands out to you about the way Peter addresses his audience in v. 11?
- What does it mean to be a sojourner and exile? Why does he call us that?
- How do those identifiers inform his exhortation in v. 11-12?
- What does it mean to abstain from the passions of the flesh? How do they wage war against your soul? Why is this important to consider as kingdom citizens?
- What does it mean to keep your conduct among Gentiles honorable? Who and what is he talking about? What does this look like in real life? Why is this important to consider as kingdom citizens?
- Overall, how does this text inform how we should live in light of the Kingdom of God?
- Who is someone you can encourage this week with something you learned from this text?