We are hosting a variety of events for parents to receive encouragement, teaching and help in the awesome privilege of raising children for the glory of God.
In Coordination with Five15 Youth Ministry
This fall, our Partnering with Parents meetings will be a three-part discussion to help us better understand and connect with our teens. We will be focusing on topics for which the parents of our church have asked for help. Each one-hour session will include biblical teaching and time for conversation that includes practical help for real-life challenges. These will take place the first Sunday of each month at the same time as our Five15 Meetings.
- Sunday October 4, 6:00 – 7:00 PM – How to Get God’s Word Functioning in Your Home Our discussion will focus on knowing our teens and helping them to understand themselves and the value of the Word of God in their lives.
- Sunday November 1, 6:00 – 7:00 PM – Dealing with Anger We will discuss how our kids experience anger, what God’s Word says about it, and how we as parents can help our teens learn to deal well with difficulties and disappointments.
- Sunday December 6, 6:00 – 7:00 PM – Consequences in the Life of a Teen What should discipline look like in the life of a teen? When our teens make mistakes, how can we be redemptive, merciful and faithful?
Other Parenting Events:
- Saturday October 17, 9:00 – 11:00 AM – Parenting Young Children Faithful parenting is a huge challenge. Our church community is a great place to learn what the Bible says about parenting our children for the Lord and to see what faithfulness looks like as we live out our duties as parents. We will have lots of time for discussion.
- Friday October 30, 7:30 – 9:00 PM – When Your Adult Child Doesn’t Believe An evening of hope and help for parents of adult children who are not following the Lord.