Accept the challenge!
The challenge we have for our church is this: each day find 1-2 ways to love God and love your neighbor from the categories below:
- If you use social media, post a picture with the hashtag #rgccovidchallenge and don’t forget to tag us!
- Send us YOUR ideas so we can share them with the church.
- Click here to see the ideas other members have!
Let’s use this season to love God and love others together!
Ideas and Resources
(Print a copy!)
Trust God (Isaiah 26:3-4)
- Read this simple devotional designed to help overcome anxiety.
- Memorize scripture that reminds us God is in control. (Here’s a pdf with some of Kenneth’s favorites.)
- Write down 4-5 ways God has met you in the past and post them around your house.
- Listen to music that draws you closer to God and calms your anxious heart.
- Pray God’s Word back to him or use one of these liturgies.
- Continue giving generously.
- 25 Hymns to Sing in Troubled Times
Grow as Christians (Colossians 1:28)
- Pray for others.
- Start a Bible reading plan.
- Fast for a meal or a day, and pray for those in need.
- Create a Zoom or FaceTime Bible study with friends.
- Listen to the Built on the Word Seminar.
- Listen to the 2018 Marriage Retreat messages.
Protect the Vulnerable (James 1:27)
- Go shopping for the elderly or sick in your community.
- Call or FaceTime elderly relatives or send them a letter. Pray for them, and tell them you love them!
- Support local organizations that are serving the vulnerable in your community.
- Make a meal and bring it to the vulnerable (using sage hygiene and appropriate social distancing).
Serve Our Communities (Mark 10:45)
- Check in with one or two people from church each day to see how they’re doing and ask how you can pray.
- Serve at the Lamb Center.
- Learn more about sharing the gospel with friends and neighbors through our Know and Share the Gospel class.
Be Wise and Good Citizens (Romans 13:1-7)
- Understand and practice social distancing.
- Pay attention to community updates.
- Support other ministries.