On Sunday October 18th we will conclude our Kingdom Citizen series with a message from 1 Timothy 2:8-9 entitled, “We are Intercessors”. As kingdom citizens we are called to pray for pray our world, our leaders, our community, and our lives, with a focus on and security in the truth that there is one God and one mediator between God and man—King Jesus.
We invite you to join us from Monday, October 19 to Friday, October 23, in a week of prayer and fasting (as you are able) organized around our identity as kingdom citizens. It will conclude with an evening of Worship and Prayer at Redeeming Grace Church on Friday evening. Sign up here to get the daily prayer points emailed to you.
Let’s join our hearts together to pray for the influence of the Kingdom of God here and now, and for King Jesus to come again. We pray not with fear, but with hope knowing He rules and reigns and how the story ends.
Monday, October 19th: Matthew 6:9-10 – What is the Kingdom of God?
- Pray for the name of God to be revered.
- Pray, “Your Kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.”
- Pray for yourself, your church, your community—that we would live joyful lives under the redemptive reign of King Jesus.
- Pray for Jesus to be King and Lord of your life.
Tuesday, October 20th: Pray Luke 8:9-15 – The Kingdom of God is Today
- Pray for us to have ears to hear Jesus’ word; to hold it tightly in our hearts.
- Pray for us to watch our hearts, guarding them from the cares, riches and pleasures of this life.
- Pray that we might fill our hearts with the word of God as we start our day.
- Pray that this week each of us will be faithful sowers of the word to believers and unbelievers.
Wednesday, October 21st: Pray Revelation 11:15-19 – The Kingdom of God is Tomorrow
- Pray that we would believe that this place is not our home or hope.
- Pray for endurance and perseverance to finish the race knowing that Jesus will come again to make all things new.
- Pray that our hope would be in the King and his Kingdom that will one day be fully and finally fulfilled.
Thursday, October 22nd: Pray 1 Peter 2:11-12 – We are Sojourners
- Pray that we would abstain from the passions of the flesh.
- Pray that we would embrace our identity as sojourners and exiles and be content with not fitting in here and now.
- Pray that we would not be indistinguishable from the world or isolated from it, but learn to live in the world, but not of it.
- Pray that we would be good neighbors to our neighbors, striving to spread the word of the King and the influence of his Kingdom until he comes again.
- Pray for revival and spiritual awakening.
Friday, October 23rd: Pray Isaiah 58:1-11 (We are Merciful Neighbors)
Prayer Points to Come
Friday Evening October 23rd, 7:00-8:00 pm. Worship and Prayer – Indoors